Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
AdAway is an open source ad blocker for Android which blocks any pop-up that appears while you are browsing on your Android device. Basically it blocks the ads using the hosts file. You must have rooted Android device in order to modify the system /etc/hosts file.
AdAway will not work reliable when on mobile data connection like 3G. You can deactivate that proxy by going to your selected APN (On Android 4: Wireless and networks -> More… -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names) and remove the value in the proxy field.
AdAway is not available on Google Play! It was removed by Google due to Violation of section 4.4 of the Developer Distribution Agreement. But you can download this ad blocker totally FREE from AndroPps.
Features of AdAway:
- AdAway is Open Source and Freeware.
- It lets you select your own sources of hosts files.
- You can add exceptions to your Whitelist if an app is not working when specific hosts are blocked.
- You can define extra hostnames in your own Blacklist.
- You can add your own (hostname, IP)-pairs in the Redirection List.
Offered By: F-Droid
Current Version: 3.2 (Updated: November 27, 2016)
Requires Android: Android 4.1 and up + Root